Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars Thomsen Lars Thomsen is offline

Default Problem with FTP commands in Win7+Excel2010 (VBA)

In Excel2010 and Win7 I get error in my macro when I try to upload. The same
Excel file works fine on PC with Excel2010 and WinXP. The problem comes when
I type the following command:

Set FTP = New Inet

Then I get the error "Run-time error '429 'ActiveX component can not create
object ".

I have both machines set reference "Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0
"in VBE editor

There should be a work-around described by MS
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281848), but when trying to create the
reference to "comdlg32.ocx". Through the Toolbox on a UserForm I right click
on the "toolbox" and adds "MS Common Dialog Controls ", but when I want the
new control in UserForm I get this error, which I also can not solve:

"The Controller Could not be created because it is not properly licensed"

I have tried the following script:

regsvr32% Systemroot% \ System32 \ comdlg32.ocx

I am told that it was registered, but I still get the license error :-(

Can anyone help me or do you alternatively, know other code that can be used
for uploading files to the server via VBA?

Best regards

Lars