Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Calculating subtotals

On Feb 12, 9:18*am, gary wrote:
On Feb 12, 3:35*am, James Ravenswood
wrote:

Do you want the subtotals inserted in the empty rows in the
appropriate columns??

After running for 10 1/2 hours, the progress indicator (below the
spreadsheet) has moved only 1/4 of the way across the bar. *At that
rate, it'll take 42 hours to finish. *Since I can't wait that long, I
pressed Esc. Subtotals have been inserted only down to row 304000.

Because some of the "keys" exist twice, the empty rows ensure that
subtotals are computed for both keys (although the subtotals will be
the same). * It doesn't matter it the subtotals are put inthe empty
rows or in new rows, as long as I get subtotals whenever the "key"
changes).

I'm getting desperate for a solution. I've been working on this for 4
weekends and the project is due in two days!!!!!!

If desired, send me a file with most of the rows deleted.
dguillett1 @gmail.com