Dave Peterson

It sounds like your autofilter range extends all the way down to row 2886.

I'd remove the autofilter and try resetting the used range.

Debra Dalgleish has some techniques for resetting it:

Then select the range (not the whole columns) and reapply
data|filter|autofilter.

JulesM wrote:

Hi All

If I do an auto filter on particular column I return just the rows for
the selection I chose. Great - no problem here.

My question is - if a user does this auto filter and then wishes to add
a new row, is there a way I always make sure this is written to the
first available free row? At the minute any addition seems to want to
start at row 2887(????).

Any ideas? Any pointers appreciated. Many thanks
Jules

--
JulesM
JulesM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27609