Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scott Spence Scott Spence is offline

Default Passing SQLPlus script location using Windows Script Host Object Model

Ok,

So I haz lots of scripts that are generated by a team in my organisation which need to then be processed via SQLPlus

Basically we/me get loads of emails with the script location @Z:/aFolder/aScript.sql;

We then have to process them individually by opening up SQLPlus and pasting the file location in there ;"

I have been looking into a way to automate this via either c# or VBA

I think that the Windows Script Host Object Model option via VBA is a good one

Example:

Option Explicit

Sub SQLPlus(strFilePath)

Dim WShell As New WshShell
WShell.Run "sqlplus " & strFilePath

End Sub

Sub test()

Call ;")

End Sub

Only issue is that I get an error from passing that last file location in the "SP2-0310: unable to open file location "Z:/aFolder/aScript.sql;"

Am I missing a special character or something from this?

I pass the @ sign into the string but its not recognised on the command line??

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks.