Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Would love to write macro to delete any row that DOESN'T containspecific text..

Just use datafilterautofilterfilter with "contains"old
stuffdelete
record a macro if desired

On Jan 25, 10:44*am, John wrote:
* I would like it to ignore row 1, because it is the header row.

* Then I want to go through a massive Excel document and delete each
row that doesn't contain a specific string of text (which happens to
be in column 1).

FOR EXAMPLE:
-- if a row has MyOldStuff in column 1 *then delete the entire row,
-- if a row starts with MyNewStuff then keep the entire row (i.e. do
nothing and move on to the next row)

------

I hope that this is the right place to ask, and I'd like to thank
anyone who can guide me in advance! This is a very long spreadsheet,
with thousands of rows