Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default User defined function

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:44:35 -0800 (PST), Yugi Gokavarapu wrote:

Hello There,

When I write User Defined Function as below and use it, it returns
the output in the function argument dialouge box, but the out put is
not shown in the cell I wanted, instead I still see the input function
with arguments.

Function test(num)
Select Case num
Case Is 0
test = "Positive"
Case Is = 0
test = "Zero"
Case Is < 0
test = "Negative"
End Select
End Function

Your help is appreciated!!

And if that is the problem, to correct it, FIRST change the cell format to General; THEN edit the cell. You don't need to change anything. Just put your cursor at the end of the formula in the function bar; or open the dialog box, and hit <enter