Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Delete matching cells

Jim Cone explained on 1/15/2012 :
Garry,
More FWIW...
I ran Ron's code on my XP, i3 machine (xl2007) against 600,000 6 digit random
numbers.
360,000 in col A and 240,000 in col B. It took about 7 1/2 seconds.
It returned ~87000 numbers not in col B.
'---
Jim Cone

"GS" wrote in message ...
Ron Rosenfeld wrote :
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:58:40 -0500, GS wrote:

I modified my sub to use your idea to use Dictionary, but NOT put colA in
a dictionary and it shaved 11 secs off the ET...

That should preserve the duplicates in col A also, to answer your previous
question.

Hhm.., that's quite true where non-matches occur. I suppose that might be a
better way to go when comparing 2 or more items. Won't help my data logger
file parser, though. It just loops 1 array, but it does parse each element
into a temp array for the test. It runs blazingly fast on my machine
(1.6Ghz Intel dual-core on a Dell Precision series laptop w/2GB RAM).

-- Garry

Thanks, Jim. Can you run my final version on your sample data and
report back. I'd be curious to know the results. I'm running XP SP3 and
did the test in xl2007. Thanks in advance...

--
Garry