Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vacuum Sealed Vacuum Sealed is offline

Default My code need to go on a diet

On 6/01/2012 10:33 PM, GS wrote:
Try...

Sub GetCount()
' Assumes this code runs on ActiveSheet
Dim Tenders As Range
Dim v As Variant
Const sSearchSource As String =
"G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA,AB,AC, AD"
Const lSourceRow& = 12
Set Tenders = Sheets("TMS DATA").Range("N6:N200")
For Each v In Split(sSearchSource, ",")
Range(v & lSourceRow + 1) =
Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Tenders, Range(v & lSourceRow))
Next 'v
End Sub

If you want to use cell formula instead of VBA:

Select G13

Open Define Name dialog

In the name box type
'<sheetname'!LastCell
..where you need to replace <sheetname with the actual sheet name.
(Make sure you wrap the sheetname in apostrophes if it has any
characters other than letters, numbers, or the underscore)

In the RefersTo box type
=g12
..and press the Enter key

Select G13:AD13
Type =countif('TMS DATA'!N6:N200,lastcell)
Keyboard Ctrl+Enter to put the formula in all cells at once

HTH

Hi Garry

appreciate the reply

This code halts on "Source" with an error ( Expected: As Or = )

I actually went with Don's code on this occasion.

Thx heaps though, I always look forward to your contributions.

Regards
Mick