Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barn E. Fife Barn E. Fife is offline

Default copy my digital certificates?

I fear my last reply got munched so forgive duplication. Alas, yes,
author mode, yet still impotent.

I chopped the quote trail along the way here but if anyone needs
context: I backed up the \KEYS\ and \CERTIFICATES\ directories before
a reinstall of XP, Office 2003, SP2. I copied them into the new XP
profile but still get the macro warning, on files that a week ago used
those same keys and certificates to open without the nag.

One more look<g

Thanks - I'll take it! I'm sick of the macro prompts. Very likely, if
someone hits this even many months later with a solution it will be
still valuable.

On Dec 15, 2:12*pm, Gord Dibben wrote:

Open MMC and FileOptions.........Under Console Mode which option is
chosen?

I think you might be in User..limited access.....single window.

Can you select Author or User-Full access * ApplyOK *and Save that
mode?

Close and re-open.

Gord

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:50:03 -0800 (PST), "Barn E. Fife"

wrote:
When you click on FileAdd/Remove Snap-ins do you get a long list of
available snap-ins?

It's empty

Are you able to select Certificates and hit the Add button to add to
the right-side panel?

I don't show a right side panel on mine (XP SP2) - there's a dropbox,
a (currently all white, or empty) pane beneath that and buttons
Add,Remove,and About; and OK and Cancel. I can click add and on the
popup select Certificates, hit add there, and "Certificates-Current
User" appears. That's as far as I get, and the window where you'd
expect to see them is empty. And even that choice doesn't persist if I
close/reopen MMC.

Thanks for your interest and effort to explore this.