Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default copy my digital certificates?

You may have to see if they are registered/stored in your Personal
Certificates Store.

StartRun mmc

This opens the Management Console.

FileAdd Snap-in........Certificates

Look in Personal and Trusted Publisher

If they are in there then your restoration would seem to be complete.

I have never restored as you did so no idea if simply putting them
back into the folder is adequate.

Gord

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:21:23 -0800 (PST), "Barn E. Fife"
wrote:

I had to reinstall Office 2003 after assigning many files to my
digital certificate made by selfcert. Of course, I'm getting the macro
nag every time from Excel 2003 (I'm on medium security).

I don't want to resign and resave every .xls I can find, if for no
other reason that I'd pervert the file dates for no "meaningful"
reason. And even if I think I fixed them all, from time to time I'd
get hit, even though I signed them with the express intent to sail
right in without warning, at least on my own machine.

I found the old certificates that were backed up from C:\Documents and
Settings\MyNameHere\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My
\Certificates . I copied them back in following the reinstall of
Office 2003 and SP2. Is there another step I can take to put me back
in the "smooth sailing" I had before?