Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default 2000 - 2007: gotchas?

"Auric__" wrote:
I've acquired a copy of Office 2007. Up to now, I've
been using Office 2000. As far as VBA goes, are there
any major "gotchas" I need to be aware of? Or should
my 2000 code "just work" under 2007?

Although you seem to be interested in __program__ incompatibility, I want to
forewarn you of a __programming__ (i.e. usage) "incompatibility".

Bottom line: Do not get rid of your copy of Excel 2000. Instead, custom
install Office 2007 so that you can retain Office 2000.

I am fortunate to have done that when I installed Office 2010 on a system
that had (still has) Office 2003.

I discovered that the F1 help information in Excel 2010 VBA is nowhere near
as good as Excel 2003 VBA. Fortunately, I still have the latter to go back
when I need help.

I don't know if the same can be said of Excel 2000 VBA v. Excel 2007 VBA.
But you might be sorry if you assume otherwise.