Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Button to Save File as PDF

magmike wrote:

On Dec 1, 6:42*pm, isabelle wrote:
hi magmike,

fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(fileFilter:="PDF Files
(*.pdf), *.pdf")

--
isabelle

Thank you for your help Isabell, however there are two problems with
this...

(1) The name field for the file is filled in with a suggestion based
on the file name of the workbook - is it possible for it to be blank?

fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFilename:="", FileFilter:="PDF Files (*.pdf), *.pdf")

(2) Once named, browsed to and then saved - the file doesn't actually
save anywhere. Where is it going? Or am I missing a command?

Are you doing SaveAs and just not finding the file? Try searching for the
file name to see where it's going.

If you're not doing SaveAs, that's your problem right there. From the help
file:
GetSaveAsFilename Method
Displays the standard Save As dialog box and gets a file name from the
user without actually saving any files.

--
I hate your job more than mine. And mine gives me nightmares.