Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zigzagdna zigzagdna is offline

Default How to apply a macro to all workbooks

On Nov 27, 7:22*am, Dave Peterson wrote:
There are application events that excel monitors that you can hook into.

Saved from a previous post:

Put this in the personal.xls project's ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents xlApp As Excel.Application
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
* * *Set xlApp = Application
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Close()
* * *Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)

* * *'msgbox "Welcome..."

* * *'this autofit columns if the opening workbook was text
* * *Select Case LCase(Right(Wb.Name, 4))
* * * * *Case Is = ".txt", ".prn", ".csv"
* * * * * * *Wb.Worksheets(1).UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit
* * *End Select
End Sub

Save your personal.xls.
Close excel and reopen it. *Your personal.xls workbook show open and set up this
application event.

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

You can read more about those application events at Chip Pearson's site:http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx

On 11/26/2011 20:49, zigzagdna wrote:

Whenever I open an excel workbook, or create a new work book, I want
cretain macros to be automatically applied. For example. I want
following workwook open be exceuted to all abobe work books (existing
and new...)"

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

* * * * *MsgBox "Wecome, welcome..."

End Sub

Is there a way of doing it. I have setup this macro in personal.xlsb
file, but it does not get applied when I create a new workbook or open
an existing workbook. It seems to apply only to personal.xlsb file.

Thanks.

--
Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Dave Peterson:

Thanks so much, this is what I was lloking for. I have a book on Excel
macros, but it does not have anything on application events.