Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default XCL 2010 VBA: I want to copy/paste from a rtf file to a spreadsheet

In message
s.com of Sat, 12 Nov 2011 17:35:57 in microsoft.public.excel.programmin
g, JingleRock writes
I get a new .rtf file on a weekly basis; the format is exactly the
same in each. I want to copy/paste three adjacent 8-digit numbers,
using VBA, (each is in a different "cell", as far as doing a manual
copy/paste from the .rtf file to a spreadsheet is concerned) from
each .rtf file to a spreadsheet.

Is it necessary to open the Word .rtf file using XCL VBA? How is it
possible to refer to the locations of the three adjacent 8-digit
numbers?

I suggest you work out how to fill the clipboard using keyboard
instructions in Word, record a macro in Word and do whatever conversion
is necessary to run that macro from Excel VBA. (CreateObject("Word.Appli
cation") opens Word from either Excel or Word.) You can record an Excel
macro to paste the clipboard. That is what I would do in Office 2003 and
assume the same process will work in 2010.

Where did you find the term "XCL"?
--
Walter Briscoe