Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default De-activating Excel 12, Leaving 11 Active?

Have you tried the unregserver and regserver method to re-register
your choice of default Excel version?

Do a google search on regserver under Dibben as author.

Gord

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:41:39 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

I need to test some stuff that is written for Excel 11, and
chokes on 12 (YIELD function).

I have both 11 and 12 installed on my developer box and, of
course, when the problem app instantiates "Excel.Application" it
winds up with 12 - even when CreateObject's argument is changed
to from "Excel.Application" to "Excel.Application.11"

BCO Office 12's security/copy protection scheme, it's a big deal
to get Office 12 installed on a PC in my environment or I'd just
uninstall 11, do my testing, and then re-install 12.

The Question: Is there a way to make 12 invisible to the system
so it acts as if 11 is the only version installed, do my testing,
and then revert to 11 and 12?