Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default does anyone have any idea how to import this spreadsheet?

hi sparks,

on this sheet, is there a single line with the date and time or is that there are others ?

--
isabelle

Le 2011-10-20 14:04, sparks a écrit :
I was sent an excel sheet that came from one of those $200K machines
and they expect it to be imported into an access database.

the data looks like this

10/17/2011 4:24:20 4:24:35 4:24:50 4:25:05 4:25:20
BOB1 125 122 120 123 111
BOB2 0 0 0 0 0
BOB3 0 0 0 0 -0.1I

just a small part this is 40 variables over many hours.

but what I need is name date time value

varname=bob1
date=10/17/2011
time=4:24
value=125

varname2=BOB2
date2=10/17/2011
time2=4:24
value=0

how the heck can I get the data from this?
I told them this looks like a report not data.
Can you get it out as a csv.

I got the typical glassy stare.