Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Multi-Dimensional Array

See my followup post regarding optional approaches to building the
array of arrays. As I said, I usually dump the contents of a range into
an array and work with that, then dump the results back into the range.

Note that large amounts of data are usually handled (using arrays) in
comfortable sized 'blocks' rather than trying to process the entire
file contents.

This data appears to be XML or HTML and so yes, there's a much more
efficient way to work with it. I haven't done much parsing of XML files
but if you google for info to read/write XML files with VB6/VBA you'll
find lots of stuff. I believe there's even a Class component available
that lets you work the XML files similar to how INI files are handled.

If you're pulling this from a website then you'll even find samples of
how to parse the webpage source.

Good luck!

--
Garry