Aussie CPA

You can do this by making the formula absolute. to do this you simply add a $
sign in the cell reference ie. $a3 means that column a will always remain in
the copied formula. Vice versa a$3 means that row three will remain.
The easy way to do this is to highlight the cell reference in the formula
and hit the "F4" key on your keyboard. this will toggle the three options for
absolute referencing.

hope this helps.

Adam Wood

"Steve K" wrote:

I am designing a spreadsheet that is comparing values and doing percentages.
I copy the formula from row 3 all the way down the page and obviously the row
numbers change for each line. I need to know how to copy and keep certain
portions of the formula from changing and referencing cells in the 3rd row to
come up with growth or loss percentages.
Thanks.