Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJQMAN[_2_] RJQMAN[_2_] is offline

Default URGENT help needed for a macro to place and size command button

On Oct 6, 4:31*pm, GS wrote:
Robert, have you considered Don's suggestion to get rid of the buttons
and just have users double-click a cell. Test for this in the
BeforeDoubleClick event and run a macro based on cell address using
Select Case.

FYI, my copy of your workbook doesn't behave the way you describe so is
this consistent with all users or just some? It's hard to remedy a
situation that I can't duplicate! I tried all kinds of zooms and every
button is always exactly where it should be.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Hello Garry...

I do not know how to do the 'before double click event' on a cell. As
I say I am self taught, which means my teacher did not know any more
that I did. I am recovering from eye surgery today, but I am able to
see a little better (except for dozens of 'floaters' so perhaps this
time I will be able to read your solution without someone to help
me.

It would be another and probably better solution. I have, today, gone
over every one of the hundreds of buttons and locked them in by
positioning them every time that portion of the sheet or sheets is
viewed. After doing this, the problem appeared at least at first
glance pretty well solved. But not 100%. I was only able to
duplicate the problem when I was playing with the worksheet, unhiding
the calculation columns on the enter scores page. And when I rehid
the columns and went back to opening the sections from the buttons, it
all worked again. Whew.

Could you give me an example as to how to do the before double click
event? I just do not have the background that I wish I had - I can
figure out 95% of the things by studying the recommendations on this
group and reading John Walkenbach's book for dummies, which has been
very helpful, but it is mostly trial and error. Garry, I am not
secure with the fix I have implemented, and the fix you suggest sounds
a great deal more secure.

As to the problem, I have several old computers here, and the problem
occurs on those with less memory. It seems unrelated to the zoom - I
thought perhaps it was the zoom because of the earlier excel problem a
few years back. It occurs on my netbook and an old Sony Viao that I
inherited. It is not consistent, but I can duplicate it.

The problem does not occur on my new computers. It did occur this
weekend on one school-owned laptop in Inverness Florida. They had
several instances of Excel running as well as some other incidental
programs. They rebooted and only ran the scoring program and had no
further problem. Feel free to contact me directly - you have my e-
mail. I feel a bit guilty tying up the group with my one problem.