Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJQMAN[_2_] RJQMAN[_2_] is offline

Default HELP! Command buttons moving to edge of Worksheet when unhidingrows and-or columns

On Oct 5, 1:22*pm, Don Guillett wrote:
On Oct 5, 11:06*am, RJQMAN wrote:

I have a large workbook, and it has been working fine. *It is written
in Excel 2003. *I am now finding that once in a while, on some
computers, the command buttons jump to the top edge of the page and
sit on top of one another. *I am aware of the problem in Excel 2002
that was supposedly fixed, but I am seeing it now when the program
written in Excel 2003 is run on Excel 2003 or Excel 2010. *Not sure if
it happens when it is run on Excel 2007 or not. *I am not certain of
this, but it seems to happen primarily on computers with less memory,
such as netbooks and older laptops. *I just have not been able to
prove this to myself.

The buttons are in rows that are hidden until needed. *The row (and
columns) are made visible, and the buttons are supposed to be there to
enable the user to move to choose options and/or to move to another
part of the program.

I am using 'zoom to fit' frequently on the sheet as well, so that the
section appears as large as practical to the user. *I am partially
blind, so the 'zoom to fit' helps me a great deal. *But I cannot have
the buttons moving out of the range area that is displayed, or it is
impossible for the program to function. *Here is my question...

Would it resolve the problem if I removed the zoom to fit?
Could this problem be related to computer memory?
If it could be related to memory, is there some way that I can
determine how much memory is needed so that I can advise users of the
requirements of the program?

I really appreciate any help anyone can proved.

Many thanks...

with the command button or shape
formatpropertiesdont move or print

Hello Don;

What happens then is that the buttons are not hidden when the row is
hidden. I need to be able to hide some of the buttons (there are
about 50 of them) and only display a couple at a time. The program
hid the rows and/or the columns with the buttons, and this worked
beautifully - at least until the buttons started to move around the
sheet. At first I thought they were just not there, but I eventually
found them gathered at the top of the page and stacked on top of one
another.

The worksheet functions by displaying a few rows and a few buttons -
then depending on the button chosen, certain other rows display,
etc.

I think there is another way to trigger macros with a keystroke - I
will try to find some information on that today and put that option in
place in case the buttons take a hike around the perimeter on me.
Sigh. I do not know what else to do.