Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default HELP! Command buttons moving to edge of Worksheet when unhiding rows and-or columns

RJQMAN has brought this to us :
I have a large workbook, and it has been working fine. It is written
in Excel 2003. I am now finding that once in a while, on some
computers, the command buttons jump to the top edge of the page and
sit on top of one another. I am aware of the problem in Excel 2002
that was supposedly fixed, but I am seeing it now when the program
written in Excel 2003 is run on Excel 2003 or Excel 2010. Not sure if
it happens when it is run on Excel 2007 or not. I am not certain of
this, but it seems to happen primarily on computers with less memory,
such as netbooks and older laptops. I just have not been able to
prove this to myself.

The buttons are in rows that are hidden until needed. The row (and
columns) are made visible, and the buttons are supposed to be there to
enable the user to move to choose options and/or to move to another
part of the program.

I am using 'zoom to fit' frequently on the sheet as well, so that the
section appears as large as practical to the user. I am partially
blind, so the 'zoom to fit' helps me a great deal. But I cannot have
the buttons moving out of the range area that is displayed, or it is
impossible for the program to function. Here is my question...

Would it resolve the problem if I removed the zoom to fit?
Could this problem be related to computer memory?
If it could be related to memory, is there some way that I can
determine how much memory is needed so that I can advise users of the
requirements of the program?

I really appreciate any help anyone can proved.

Many thanks...

I believe this has to do with settings on the Format ControlProperties
tab!

Would it not be better to use a custom commandbar that's context
sensitive?

--
Garry