Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gcotterl[_2_] gcotterl[_2_] is offline

Default Finding right-most cell.

On Sep 27, 1:17*pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:38:19 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl wrote:
byte

--------------------------------------------------------------------------*------

My text file has 1 million rows each 1,274 characters long.

How can I find the row having the number 9 in the right-most cell?

For example, how do I find the row indicated with an arrow?

0000000000000000000009999900000
0000000099999000000000000000000
9999000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000999900 *<----------------------
0000000000000099999990000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000099999900000000

What do you mean by a "row each 1,274 characters long"?

Do you mean that each row has 1,274 cells, each with a single character?

Or do you mean that only one cell in each row is of concern, and each of those cells has 1,274 characters?

Or do you mean something else?- Hide quoted text -

Each row has one and that cell has 1,274 characters.

My question simplified: How can I delete the zeroes after the last 9
in each row?