Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Finding right-most cell.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:38:19 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl wrote:

byte

My text file has 1 million rows each 1,274 characters long.

How can I find the row having the number 9 in the right-most cell?

For example, how do I find the row indicated with an arrow?

0000000000000000000009999900000
0000000099999000000000000000000
9999000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000999900 <----------------------
0000000000000099999990000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000099999900000000

What do you mean by a "row each 1,274 characters long"?

Do you mean that each row has 1,274 cells, each with a single character?

Or do you mean that only one cell in each row is of concern, and each of those cells has 1,274 characters?

Or do you mean something else?