Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kris Kris is offline

Default Excel 2010/2007 - How much can be done with Custom Validation?

On Sep 19, 2:39*am, Gord wrote:
I'm sure you can find some combination of methods from Debra's DV
pages that will work.

Go to her Excel home site and browse through the extensive DV section.

Try downloading a few of her files to get a better visual idea of how
they operate on dependent, dynamic, sorted lists.

Maybe even using a ComboBox to allow autocomplete.

Good luck, * * * * * * * * * * * Gord

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:48:09 -0700 (PDT), Bartt

wrote:
On Sep 17, 5:22*pm, Gord wrote:
Debra's approach requires static lists behind each
piece of the validation.

Well, not exactly............

I guess you missed the section on creating Dynamic Lists.

Try alsohttp://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal13.html

or * *http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal15.html

Gord

I did, indeed.

On second pass, I'm still not SURE it's what I'm looking for, but I've
at least got something on which to proceed until the next obstacle.
It depends on whether I can, in fact, sort the various lists.

This link has both the option (VBA + Formula)

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...-Only-Formulas)