Kevin Lehrbass

Hi JAB!

Use this formula to extract the 1st name in cell A1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1))
Use this formula to extract the last word (last name) in cell A1:
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("*",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","*",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
","")))))

Cheers,
--
Kevin Lehrbass
www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com

"J Blumenthal" wrote:

DataText to ColumnsNext works well if all entries have a "single" first and
last name, eg, "Joe Smith". However, if there is a "Mary Joe Smith" listed,
how do I put only the last text entry into a new column? I am downloading
payment information from a PayPal account and want to sort by last name for
our lunches. Unfortunatley the "name" information (first, last, etc...) is
contained in a single cell.
--
JAB