Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default Unique Random Numbers

hello Paul,

do you use excel to do this?
if so, why not use table with "ReDim Preserve"
and check the contents with "Application.Match"
dont forget, you can set a table outside of the macro to maintain content and then change this content.

--
isabelle

Le 2011-09-08 19:07, Paul Black a écrit :

Thanks for your reply Joe.
I have been surfing the web and have come to the conclusion that I
have probably been asking completely the wrong question.
It appears that I need a Sub that "Shuffles" an array.
Unfortunately I can't find one that accommodates exactly what I am
after, which is basically being able to designate the size of the
array (e.g. 34 numbers or 40 numbers or 45 numbers etc) and then
choose whether I want them listed as 4 number combinations, 5 number
combinations or 6 number combinations for example starting in cell
"B2".
If you have any code that does this I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Paul