Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Efficient looping

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:39:32 -0700 (PDT), Kieranz wrote:

Hi Ron, Walter
My apo being a newbie. However both of you given me food for thought.
1. For each next
2. Select case
3. do loop
4. Find FindNext
5. Auto filtering
I will experiment although i was thinking more in terms of minimising
hitting VBA and Excel, as i understand that's what slows or extends
the time taken.
Note also that when i use the find dialog (Ctrl+F) then Ctrl A to
select all, it seems much much faster on a bigger data. More like
instant!

Thks a million for extending my knowledge.
Rgds
Kz

Glad to help. But for the specific problem of hiding rows containing "1" in Column C, the AutoFilter (or, if you want to move the visible rows elsewhere, AdvancedFilter) will be the fastest.