Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Spliting digits up to fit paper form

Clif McIrvin formulated the question :
"GS" wrote in message ...

Clif,
You could eliminate the check for the decimal by stripping it out before
you loop...

strData = Replace(Format([A1], "0.00"), ".", "")

--
I was thinking to 'pad' the string to always be Len=9. The wks can be CF'd
to hide leading zeros in the first 7 cols. This way, the digits can be

Good use of replace.

When always padding to 9 digits ocurred to me I went with worksheet formulas
instead of VBA.

Using your array idea, you could still work right to left and leave leading
zeroes as empty variants; i.e., BLANK cells and CF wouldn't be necessary (and
skip the padding.)

Clif,
In my reply code, I decided not to use an array since it was simpler to
'dump' one row at a time into the corresponding results cells.

--
Garry