Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clif McIrvin[_3_] Clif McIrvin[_3_] is offline

Default numeric value, vba to split out one digit per column

"Revenue" wrote in message
A previous thread did not address this part of my question.

I have a series of numbers that have to be put on an excel paper form
I designed to match the original. It has a box for each digit of the
respective dollar amounts.

Consider the following three numbers, which are 25000.25, 6050.79,
379.27.
Obviously they must line up on the appropriate cents columns first, so
their placement will vary depending on the size of the number
involved. Essentially, the numbers above would look like this when the
routine finishes:

2 5 0 0 0 2 5
6 0 5 0 7 9
3 7 9 2 7
No decimals as you can see. The total which will be below does not
need to calculate from these converted digits, as it will be derived
separately, and placed on the total line.

What should the loop look like that places these three items. Just
assume for now, the those numbers above are in Ranges, we'll say
Amta1, Amta2, and Amta3.

I appreciate the help.

Bruce

A little impatient, are we?

see your original thread

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)