Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JingleRock[_2_] JingleRock[_2_] is offline

Default EXCEL 2010 VBA; trying to use INI File stored on local desktop machines

On Aug 16, 6:34*pm, GS wrote:
INI files are usually managed using the PrivateProfileStrings APIs.
There's no reason I can see why code that worked in xl2003 shouldn't
work in xl2010 unless you were using some other dubious method.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Thanks Garry.

A couple of things I failed to mention: at the same time we upgraded
OFFICE, we went to WIN 7; and, for each NW user, his/her 'My
Documents' folder is on the H:\ drive, instead of on the C:\drive.

Yes, you are correct; we are using 'GetPrivateProfileStringA' code and
'GetPrivateProfileIntA' code. Are there any References to Object
Libraries that we need? << as I key, there are five References -- they
are all pretty basic. I have not converted the .xls extension on the
macro file.

This code has been working fine for two years using xl2003 VBA. Also,
when I "hard-code" the email parameters (as opposed to extracting them
from the INI file) into the VBA code, the email is sent as directed.
Also, (Environ$("Username")) is working fine (no hard-coding).

Thanks for your help,
JingleRock