Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clif McIrvin[_3_] Clif McIrvin[_3_] is offline

Default Saying No to Message Box prompt through VBA

Just a comment on Gord's option 1: With this code, if you open the
workbook manually, enter any changes and close the workbook (without
doing a manual save) the workbook will obediently close without saving
the changes.

Clif

"Gord" wrote in message
Couple of methods.

1...............In Thisworkbook module of source workbook to close
without saving.

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
End Sub

2................In macro which closes the source workbook

Application.displayalerts = false

close the workbook

Application.displayalerts = true

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Haas C
wrote:

Hi all,

I've created a VBA program which opens another Excel workbook and
copies data from two different tabs and pastes into my current
workbook. After all that is done, I try to close the source workbook,
but get a message box stating if I want to save changes to the
workbook. I want the VBA script to say no. I used application.sendkeys
("n") to accomplish this, but it doesn't work. I want to run this
program on a daily basis unattended, but as of now, the program stops
and waits for me to click No on the message box before proceeding. Any
and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)