Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default ActiveX ComboBox Linked Cell

kittronald explained :
Garry,

After inserting the code in its own module, I've tried prepending with:

Forms.ComboBox.1

This is what displays in the formula box when I select the
ActiveX ComboBox

Sheet2.ComboBox1

Me.ComboBox1

Sheets("Settings").ComboBox1

None of these change the format of the linked cell.

Does it matter if this an ActiveX Combobox instead of a forms Combobox ?

- Ronald K.

I don't understand why you're trying to change the format of its
LinkedCell. I thought you wanted to use its Text as a numeric value,
and so is why I provided examples of how to convert 'text as numbers'
to actual numeric values.

Also, to ref the combobox's LinkedCell property you need to append
'.LinkedCell' to it in code.

Example:
Me.ComboBox1.LinkedCell = Me.Range("$C$1").Address

To set ComboBox1.List:
Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = Me.Range("$A$1:$A$5").Address

These examples assume the code is behind the worksheet the combobox is
on. (Which makes that sheet the combobox's 'Parent')

--
Garry