Gord Dibben

Robert

This works for me.

CTRL + a to select all cells.

FormatCFDeleteCondition1 and 2 and 3 if needed.

Will clear CF only, not other formatting.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:01:03 -0700, Robert
wrote:

Biff, thanks for the response. Do you know if there any way or maybe a macro
that would go cell to cell and clear conditional only? It will create a lot
of work to clear all formatting.
thanks,
R.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

When I go to edit go to conditional formatting to highlight all or
same formatting, then go to format conditional formatting, it is blank.
It
does show my previous conditional formatting settings if I only select one
cell of the sheet that I know that it was applied to, so it is there.

The reason no settings show up when you select multilpe cells is because
there are probably different settings for some of the cells.

EditGo To (or F5 as a shortcut) does work.

I keep the Clear Formatting toolbar button on one of my toolbars to quicky
remove *ALL* formats. It removes all formats, not just conditional
formatting.

Biff

"Robert" wrote in message
I have applied several conditional formats and had some conflicting
results.
At this point, I would like to delete all conditional formatting and start
over. When I go to edit go to conditional formatting to highlight all
or
same formatting, then go to format conditional formatting, it is blank.
It
does show my previous conditional formatting settings if I only select one
cell of the sheet that I know that it was applied to, so it is there. It
is a
huge sheet, so I would like a way to identify and remove it all at once.
It almost seems that the "go to" method of highlighting is picking
additional cells that were not formatted.....
thanks in advance for any help,
Robert