Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Angela[_2_] Angela[_2_] is offline

Default UDF for Aging in excel - Help needed

Hi,

Just need to add a validation to above function w.r.t. below senarios.

I'm having trouble dealing with different types/formats of dates as
well as need not to calculate incase there is no date.

S# Description Senario Result
1 Space Date is greater than current date.(If there is just space
in a cell)
2 Blank #VALUE!
3 Alpha AAAaaa Date is greater than current date.
4 Numeric 123 #VALUE!
5 Special *^(*(*#*&# Date is greater than current date.
6 Mix **jas7G##^2 Date is greater than current date.
7 Email Date is greater than current date.
8 Date 8-Jul 0-7
9 Date (General Format) 40732 #VALUE! (This is date in general
format----Ctrl+1 and selected general.)
10 Date (General Format)40732 Date is greater than current date.
(With this I have added a ' comma in the start to make it look like a
text date--- '40732)
11 Greater Date 7-Aug Date is greater than current date.
12 Old date 13-Feb 60

I can change the error messages that the function would return incase
it does not find a date.
Just need to figure out to recognize the value in the cell to be any
date format (short date, general etc.)