Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default CountIf / SumProduct in VB

PS....

On Jun 21, 8:24*am, joeu2004 wrote:
you never explained what you want the code to do. *Something
like: *"F4:F300 contains the times of individual observations.
*In M5:M28, I want to count the number of observations in each
hour of the day".

I was thrown off by your use of the Count property. I neglected to
put everything in the context of your subject line. Always best to
"duplicate" (really expand on) the subject in the body of your
posting.

For future note, one way to learn what a particular property or method
does is: if you write in a proper context as you did in some of your
posting, e.g. cells(i,6).count, you can put the mouse cursor over the
word "count", then press F1 to see the help page.

I think then you might have seen that it was not the type of counting
that you needed.

Arguably, VBA help pages are not always so helpful; typical of
Microsoft documentation, IMHO. But I wanted to explain how to use F1
for the future.