Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
programmernovice programmernovice is offline

Default Help with VB macro for Excel

On Jun 8, 2:06*pm, GS wrote:
It happens that programmernovice formulated :

On Jun 7, 8:06 pm, GS wrote:
programmernovice formulated on Tuesday :

Hi, I use Excel 2003 and need to write a macro that will simulate a
click on a button in the Excel toolbar, which has been put there by a
separate program. Then a drop-down menu appears and a selection must
be made from it by the macro. Can anyone supply me with a simple
script to do this, or alternatively, point me to where I may be able
to get help with it? Many thanks in advance.

Try...

CommandBars(1).Controls("MainMenuName").Controls(" SubMenuName").Execute

(Substitute the obvious expressions with actual menu text)

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Garry, after the above procedure a box is opened by the outside
application requesting a password. *Is there some way to enter one
using an Excel VBA macro? *Thanks again for your help.

What are you doing, EXACTLY? What is the "outside application"? Does it
take parameters for passing a password to it? ...need more info to be
able to better help you with this, but the solution will require that
you know the password.

You really need to provide more info AND *even code sample from your
project if possible.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Garry. It's a very simple thing, a single line of code (which
you gave me)

CommandBars(1).Controls("RealTick®").Controls("Sta rt...").Execute

The application is called RealTick for Excel, and, as you see it puts
a button on the Excel
toolbar from which my macro selects "Start..." from the drop-down
menu, which produces the box requesting the password. I, of course
know the password, since I pay for their financial data service.
Hopefully this tells you enough. Your assistance and patience are
greatly appreciated.