Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clif McIrvin[_3_] Clif McIrvin[_3_] is offline

Default DOS batch files

"Robert Crandal" wrote in message
I probably wasn't clear, so I'll reword my question:

Upon exiting a workbook, I need to run a VBA macro that
deletes and replaces a specified file (or overwrites the
contents of that file with new data). BAT files are out
of the picture now......

Maybe. If your users would consistently / reliably use a shortcut that
invoked a .BAT script which opened the workbook and waited for the
process to complete before continuing you would have a very simple
solution. << IF

Does the workbook in question actually need to be closed for the
operations to take place, or are the operations happening to a different
file?

If a different file, put the VBA code in the Workbook.Close event.

If the same file, post back and either myself or someone else can help
you design code that will run after your workbook has finished exiting.

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)