Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Copying same data range to a summary sheet

Good to hear you have a workaround.

Break it over two sheets into manageable chunks is great idea until you
upgrade<g

Gord

On Thu, 19 May 2011 10:31:15 -0700 (PDT), webels wrote:

On May 19, 3:37*pm, Gord Dibben wrote:
Mick

Problem has nothing to do with the number of sheets in the workbook.

C12:L40 may be only 7 columns but contains 290 cells.

The macro places each sheet's range into its own row on new sheet.

Cannot be done in 2003 or earlier with 256 column limit.

2007 no problem with 16384 columns.

Gord Dibben * * MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 May 2011 23:03:16 +1000, "Vacuum Sealed" wrote:
Wow, 300 Columns, that's alot considering your range only covers 7 columns,
you must have over 40 sheets of which to transpose into a Summary.

Thanks Gord for your input I am using 2003 and have the 256 limit as
you described. Using Micks suggestion I am using the above macro over
two sheets
and making good progress with what I want to achieve.
Basically I get returns on Staff time sheets for hours covered
(differing shifts) in a range C12:l42 and I want
to make sure add all the entries for their corresponding entry on
others sheets to master/summary sheet.

I will let ye know how I get on, many thanks to Mick for his lead and
it is proving very useful

Eddie