Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Creating a workbook(s) based upon a cells value <--HELP please

Hello all -

I have a simple spreadsheet and would like to automate my current
CUTCOPYPASTE methods. I would like to: 1) create a workbook with
cells based with the same values, 2) name the "new" workbook the cell
value name.

My current spreadsheet looks like this:

NAME DATE ZONE PRICE
Peaches 5/12/2011 AA $1.00
Apples 5/12/2011 B $3.00
Grapes 5/11/2011 AA $2.49
Pears 5/11/2011 $2.00
Bananas 5/12/2011 DD $1.89

So, based on the ZONE column, I want to create a separate Excel
workbook with all similar values (ie AA, B, DD). I'd like it to copy
the header row (which is row 1) and all of the columns.

Is there a simple macro that can do this request; I've scoured the
internet but get confused by the different variations of information I
see.

Thanks!