Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Image recolor with VBA

On 06/05/2011 23:09, GS wrote:
Nik explained :
Hi all,

does anybody know what's the VBA method to obtain the same effect of
recoloring a bitmap inserted on a worksheet ? if you place a picture
on a sheet with Insert | Picture, then right click on it and select
Picture format | Picture | Recolor (select anyone) the picure is
recolored applying a transparent layer of the selected color on it.
How to obtain the same effect with VBA ? I cannot find the right
method.
thanks in advance
Nik

PS : I'am using XL2007 in Italian, command translations could be
slightly different, sorry

Did you try using the macro recorder?

On XL2007 ? You have to be kidding. It is complete junk on that version.

If you are *very* lucky it might at best produce something that is
syntactically valid called Macro1() but doesn't work and at worst it
will crash at runtime in a hopeless mess.

I'd hazard a guess it is something in or near .ShapeRange.Fill but it
may require some trial and error on your part to find it and make it
behave as you would like. Don't expect any help from the help system :(

Regards,
Martin Brown