Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Sorting Alphanumeric data

Garry,
Thanks for your comments.
Debra Dalgleish became one of my favorite people. <g
Her website, in my opinion, is one of the best Excel how to sites there is.
'---
FWIW, the Special Sort program also has an undo option for each sort.
However, writing that undo code took all the fun out of creating the program. <g
Regards,
Jim Cone

"GS"
wrote in message
on 5/3/2011, Jim Cone supposed :
Some self promotion for my Special Sort Excel add-in follows.
An independent review of the program however, can be found here...

http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html

The program has 30+ different ways to sort including sorting...
...using the first group of numbers only
...using the last group of numbers only
...using all characters but with numbers sorting in strict numerical sequence.
(3 is treated as 03 so it sorts before 15)
Also prefix sort, suffix sort, mid sort, decimal sort, table sort, color sorts and more

Jim,
That's an excellent addin! Haven't tried it but the review tells me it's a great utility!
--
Garry