Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Miguel[_5_] Miguel[_5_] is offline

Default splitting text in cell - row and column operations

Good morning,

I am currently working with Excel 07 on windows XP Professional and i
ran into an issue a couple of days back on a spreadsheet that contains
mainly text responses inside of the cells.

I am trying to create a subroutine that recognizes the cells that
exceed an X number of characters ( which I understand that the
character length varies depending on the cell pixel size – we are
using a standard of 546 pixels height by 442 pixels width = about 2170
characters) and takes the overflow of such cell, adds a new row under
the cell and pastes that overflow into it (of course, the formatting
of this new cell still fits 2170 characters in a 546x442 pixels). This
process is done iteratively throughout the entire sheet.

So for example, the text in A5 contains 8000 characters. It will take
the first 2170 characters, leave them in A5, insert a row right
underneath if the space is not used (otherwise use A6) and paste such
overflow. Then take the next 2170 characters,, leave them in A6 and
paste the overflow in A7 (again, if A7 is empty, paste directly there,
otherwise create a row and paste on the new A7), etc etc etc.

Thank you in advance