Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clif McIrvin[_3_] Clif McIrvin[_3_] is offline

Default Changing name of worksheet based on data in cell of another worksheet

"GS" wrote in message
presented the following explanation :
On Apr 21, 12:02 pm, GS wrote:
was thinking very hard :

[ ]

Sub ChangeTabNames2()
Dim rng As Range, sTemp As String, i As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each rng In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B13:B30")
i = i + 1: sTemp = "Stud" & i
Sheets(sTemp).Name = sTemp & rng.Value
Next rng
End Sub

Does work, but appends the end of the name giving me a worksheet name
that looks like "Stud1Jones". Regardless it is working now. I want
to thank all of you for your help.

Oh, is there a way to undo it
without having to manually change the worksheet names back to Stud1
through Stud18?

If the master sheet is always the first sheet, and there are always 18
student sheets, this should rename the student sheets as Stud1 through
Stud18:

Sub ChangeTabNames3()
Dim sTemp As String, i As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = 1 To 18
sTemp = "Stud" & i
Sheets(i + 1).Name = sTemp
Next i

Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)