Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal[_2_] Robert Crandal[_2_] is offline

Default Basic regular expression question

Hello Ron! I just wanted to say thank so much for your excellent help
again.
That code is working great!

I have a new question now. I just realized that the third element can
actually
contain multiple word elements. So, my data might actually look like this:

"Item1 scissors"
"Item2 red notebooks"
"Item3 number #2 pencils"

So, the data format really is:

[single string of characters] [whitespace(s)] [any string of characters
and optional whitespace(s)]

So....

I plan to basically reuse the code you gave me previously, but I need to
modify
the regular expression pattern so that the variable mc(0).submatches(1)
would get assigned strings like "scissors", or "red notebooks", or
"number #2 pencils"

How should I change the pattern string?

Thankx!

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:09:58 -0700, "Robert Crandal"
wrote:

What you show is two words separated by space(s).