Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Name vs FullName

Tim Childs expressed precisely :
I'm just downloading it into Excel itself i.e. not formally saving it. In
practice, the file seems to exist in one of Microsoft's launch areas

Tim

What I get when I downoad a CSV from a website is the file opens in a
new book and the filename in the title bar is...

Filename.CSV [Read Only]

...which requires me to use 'SaveAs' if I want to save it. These are the
only square brackets I see, and which are put there by Excel.

Mind you, I'm downloading the file into Excel via a hyperlink on a
worksheet.

--
Garry