Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal[_2_] Robert Crandal[_2_] is offline

Default Basic regular expression question

I'm still a newbie at all this regular expression stuff, so forgive
this newb question....

My input data strings have the following format:

"Item1 scissors"
"Item2 notebooks"
"I3 pens"
"itm4 keyboards"

So, each line is basically formatted like this:

[string of characters] [several whitespace(s)] [string of characters]

Using regular expressions, how can I store each pair of items in
separate variables??

For example, if I read in the first line above,
I would like my variable sNum to store the "Item1" string, and a
variable named sObj would store "scissors". I guess I'm really
trying to parse each pair of items and store them in variables
using regular expressions, but I don't fully understand how to
create my own regular expression pattern strings yet.

Thanks!