Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Name vs FullName

Tim Childs formulated on Friday :
Hi

I have discovered that when I download a CSV file, that always contains a
"]", from the work financial system, the previous Application Event trapping
of the form Wb.Name includes the "]" character no longer traps the the file
even though the actual filename still contains a "]". The Wb.Name now
converts the square bracket "]"to a round bracket ")".

What is really odd is that if I use the Wb.FullName property the "]" is
included in the string Wb.FullName and so I can trap the "]" that way.

My question is why is the Wb.Name property no longer properly reflects the
actual filename (any more).

Any help most welcome.

Tim

Are you importing the file directly from the url or saving it to disk
before import?

--
Garry