Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Childs[_4_] Tim Childs[_4_] is offline

Default Name vs FullName

Hi

I have discovered that when I download a CSV file, that always contains a
"]", from the work financial system, the previous Application Event
trapping of the form Wb.Name includes the "]" character no longer traps the
the file even though the actual filename still contains a "]". The Wb.Name
now converts the square bracket "]"to a round bracket ")".

What is really odd is that if I use the Wb.FullName property the "]" is
included in the string Wb.FullName and so I can trap the "]" that way.

My question is why is the Wb.Name property no longer properly reflects the
actual filename (any more).

Any help most welcome.

Tim