Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Change ActivePrinter?

Charlotte E formulated on Thursday :
It's not really want your clients want, is it?!?
It's want Microsoft forces upon your clients - everybody hates ribbons, but
since Microsoft loves it, we're stuck with it...

Very true

Actually had XL2007 installed for 6 month, trying to force myself into
learing to use it - finally, after those 6 months, I gave up - it simply took
me too loog to find things, that I could find in a micro second on XL 2003.

I guess that those who really don't care about the ribbons are those using
mostly hotkeys, since the hotkeys are more or less the same on both systems.

But, I'm a mouse person myself, and I hate spending my time searching those
#?&?& ribbons for functions that should be right there....

And, also, menus and toolbars is MUCH MUCH easier to work with in VBA!

I have an XLA that installs the earlier menubar in the Addins tab so I
can use the familiar menus in v12.

As for using them via VBA goes, you can do that easily enough in v12
with macros. Or am I misunderstanding your context here?

So, the day I can no longer use menu and toolbar based Excel, I find another
spreadsheet, that are using these....

That's why I use FP's Spread.ocx in VB6.EXEs. I've been able to
duplicate anything I've developed in Excel as a stand-alone Windows
app.

Also, check out Ron DeBruin's website for his fine examples of how to
manipulate the ribbon.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Thanks to his examples I've been able to use my XLAs in v12 with a
dummy XLAM to set up the ribbon however I need it. Allows me to
maintain one app that runs in both early and newer versions. Since most
my projects are 'dictator apps', they pretty much lock down the Excel
UI to the point where most my users don't even realize they're working
in Excel. Ron's examples contributed largely to being able to do the
same in the newer versions.

--
Garry