Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Danny[_13_] Danny[_13_] is offline

Default Match 2 set data and combine to 1set

On 4月10日, 下午9時43分, Donald Guillett wrote:
On Apr 10, 2:26*am, Danny wrote:

May I know any ideas to compare the unique ID of 2 data set and
combine into one set.
the number of rows of Data A & B maybe up to 40000 rows. If loading to
array or row to row compare (if...then) maybe very slow...
I would like to seek for a quick method. Currently I used if/then
function, but need 5~10mins for combine...
Thank you very much in advance.

for example:
Data A
ID * Column B
U1 * 20
U2 * 30
U3 * 40
U4 * 50

Data B
ID * Column B
U4 * 0.2
U2 * 0.9
U1 * 9.9
U3 * 100

Result
ID * Column B * * Column C
U1 * 20 * * * * * * * 9.9
U2 * 30 * * * * * * * 0.9
U3 * 40 * * * * * * * 100
U4 * 50 * * * * * * * 0.2

One way would just use =vlookup and then convert formulas to values

Thanks. but do you think vlookup is faster method in volume data set?
thanks.